Dean Jackson And Ben Glass
BCF Topwater Film Invitational Organisers And SCF Kingpins
SCF is a not-for-profit organisation that promotes waterway health, reef health and sustainable recreational use of our waterways and fisheries. The invitational is about showcasing the best topwater fishing in the world, right here on Australia’s Great Barrier Reef.
About The BCF Topwater Film Invitational
- The Topwater Film Invitational is all about showcasing some of the most special and most spectacular topwater fishing, reef and bluewater, in the world….. On the Great Barrier Reef between Gladstone and the tip of Cape York.
- Both Dean and Ben are addicted to GT fishing, but the range of species available for topwater fishing includes dogtooth tuna, marlin, Spanish mackerel, wahoo and reefies like coral trout, red bass and wrasse.
- The Invitational is a film festival challenge where some of the best fishing content producers and influencers were given 14 days to shoot the best fishing videos of their lives. The SCF crew and sponsors BCF are aiming to raise awareness of the importance of recreational anglers as custodians and stewards of our waterways and fisheries.
- The videos produced during the invitational will be exhibited at the 3 SEQ Gold Class cinemas (Gold Coast, Brisbane and Sunshine Coast) on Saturday 5 November and will then be available for online viewing for a limited time, with viewers to cast votes for the best film. Cinema goers are in the draw to win cash and prizes, plus get to be first to see the films and mingle with the creators.
- Cash prizes of $70K for the best films creates strong incentive for the content creators, with plenty of additional cash and prizes to be won.
- Ticket sales for the cinema and app are being donated to OzFish Unlimited to help fund fish habitat restoration projects.
- The teams include:
- Jonny Brooks and Matty Scholz
- Cast Mag – Ben Jones and Mick Guthrie
- Coastal Chaos – Brett Horne and Dean Silvester and partners
- The Mad Hueys and Blackbeard
- Rokkit Kit- Rodney Pacitti
- Andy’s Fishing – Andy Thompson
- Back To Basics – adventurers
- Matty Baker and Sam Isles
- Reef Addicts
- Reel Destinations
- Whether you attend the cinema screenings or view the videos on the app you’ll have the opportunity to cast your vote for the best film and help decide the winning team!
- In 2023 the invitational is hoped to expand nationwide and will also include an amateur film component that is open to the public, with voting and prizes.
The Topwater Invitational is proudly sponsored by BCF Australia
Episode 569: Lake Macquarie On Lures With Dan Guilfoyle. Part 1: Summer.
Lake Macquarie might cop a lot of fishing pressure over the summer months, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t some great opportunities on offer for those in the know about how, when and where to fish! Dan Guilfoyle shares a lifetime of local knowledge for those keen to hit the water in the coming months.
Episode 547: Fishing Around Exmouth In Spring With Steve Riley
Every time I interview Steve Riley about fishing the Exmouth area I get blown away by the opportunities on offer, but I think this interview could be my favourite so far. Steve spills the beans on five land-based fishing spots that are available to visiting anglers during spring. In the course of the conversation we cover everything from bream and whiting to tuna, reef species and pelagics including monster GT from the beach. What a destination!
Episode 545: Best Hervey Bay Fishing Spots In Spring With Scotto Mitchell
Spring is a great time to fish the Hervey Bay area land-based or from a small boat or kayak. In today’s ALF episode local personality Scotto Mitchell helpsput us onto some awesome fish with simple tackle and techniques.
Episode 542: Spring Fishing Spots Around SEQ With Nabeel Issa
For the boating angler, Southeast Queensland during spring is all about big snapper, quality jewfish, threadfin salmon, flathead and plenty more! Nabeel Issa is a multiple time ALF podcast guest and always has plenty of great info to share. Today he walks us through why spring is his favourite time to fish in SEQ and gives us the rundown on how, when and where.
Episode 529: Mackay Slow Pitch Jigging With Mick Hassett
My Slow Pitch Jigging technique is something I’ve been working on lately – I’m on a steep curve. Not Mick Hassett though, he’s a machine with the SPJ and in today’s interview he shares a ton of pro tips.