Dean Jackson And Ben Glass
BCF Topwater Film Invitational Organisers And SCF Kingpins
SCF is a not-for-profit organisation that promotes waterway health, reef health and sustainable recreational use of our waterways and fisheries. The invitational is about showcasing the best topwater fishing in the world, right here on Australia’s Great Barrier Reef.
About The BCF Topwater Film Invitational
- The Topwater Film Invitational is all about showcasing some of the most special and most spectacular topwater fishing, reef and bluewater, in the world….. On the Great Barrier Reef between Gladstone and the tip of Cape York.
- Both Dean and Ben are addicted to GT fishing, but the range of species available for topwater fishing includes dogtooth tuna, marlin, Spanish mackerel, wahoo and reefies like coral trout, red bass and wrasse.
- The Invitational is a film festival challenge where some of the best fishing content producers and influencers were given 14 days to shoot the best fishing videos of their lives. The SCF crew and sponsors BCF are aiming to raise awareness of the importance of recreational anglers as custodians and stewards of our waterways and fisheries.
- The videos produced during the invitational will be exhibited at the 3 SEQ Gold Class cinemas (Gold Coast, Brisbane and Sunshine Coast) on Saturday 5 November and will then be available for online viewing for a limited time, with viewers to cast votes for the best film. Cinema goers are in the draw to win cash and prizes, plus get to be first to see the films and mingle with the creators.
- Cash prizes of $70K for the best films creates strong incentive for the content creators, with plenty of additional cash and prizes to be won.
- Ticket sales for the cinema and app are being donated to OzFish Unlimited to help fund fish habitat restoration projects.
- The teams include:
- Jonny Brooks and Matty Scholz
- Cast Mag – Ben Jones and Mick Guthrie
- Coastal Chaos – Brett Horne and Dean Silvester and partners
- The Mad Hueys and Blackbeard
- Rokkit Kit- Rodney Pacitti
- Andy’s Fishing – Andy Thompson
- Back To Basics – adventurers
- Matty Baker and Sam Isles
- Reef Addicts
- Reel Destinations
- Whether you attend the cinema screenings or view the videos on the app you’ll have the opportunity to cast your vote for the best film and help decide the winning team!
- In 2023 the invitational is hoped to expand nationwide and will also include an amateur film component that is open to the public, with voting and prizes.
The Topwater Invitational is proudly sponsored by BCF Australia
Bomber Farrell returns to the ALF podcast, this time to explain his top five Groote Eylandt fishing experiences!
Episode 609: Highlights of the National Rec Fishing Survey With ABARES Fisheries Scientist Andy Moore
Andy Moore was the fisheries scientist at the centre of the National Recreational Fishing Survey, so today we’re spending some time unpacking the results of the survey and what they mean for Australia’s fishing future.
Lake Macquarie might cop a lot of fishing pressure over the summer months, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t some great opportunities on offer for those in the know about how, when and where to fish! Dan Guilfoyle shares a lifetime of local knowledge for those keen to hit the water in the coming months.
Every time I interview Steve Riley about fishing the Exmouth area I get blown away by the opportunities on offer, but I think this interview could be my favourite so far. Steve spills the beans on five land-based fishing spots that are available to visiting anglers during spring. In the course of the conversation we cover everything from bream and whiting to tuna, reef species and pelagics including monster GT from the beach. What a destination!
Spring is a great time to fish the Hervey Bay area land-based or from a small boat or kayak. In today’s ALF episode local personality Scotto Mitchell helpsput us onto some awesome fish with simple tackle and techniques.